We offer a variety of comprehensive neurological and psychological tests for children, adolescents, and adults to help determine if there is a clinical need for intervention. The goal of these assessments is to provide valuable insights into a person’s behavior, skills, feelings, thoughts and personality.
Results can be used to better understand a person’s strengths and weaknesses, diagnose disorders, and make recommendations for treatment plans.
What we Assess
- Academic Skills (reading, writing, comprehension, math, listening, spelling)
- IQ test to measure your reasoning and problem-solving abilities
- Executive functioning skills (mental processes that help us plan, organize, stay focused and multi-task)
- Learning and memory abilities
- Social functioning skills
- Emotional and mood issues, such as anxiety and depression
- Behavioral problems
- Personality disorders
Assessments can also identify specific traits for various disorders such as:
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- SLD (Specific Learning Disability)
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
- Major Depressive Disorder (MDD), and others.
A typical testing process takes 3 – 4 weeks, depending on availability of all the people involved.
- Schedule a 1-hour intake session for a diagnostic interview with a clinician.
- Attend 4+ hours of face-to-face testing with a psychometrician (test technician) over the course of two or three appointments.
- Parents, teachers, or significant others complete questionnaires and/or interviews.
- Approximately 3 weeks after completion of all testing, schedule a 1 to 2-hour feedback session with a clinician to discuss results and recommendations.
On the Day of Testing
Get a good night’s sleep the night prior to testing and eat a healthy meal before the appointment. Feel free to bring a drink and snack to the testing session to consume during breaks.
For Lafayette and Broomfield patients, testing takes place at our Broomfield office.
Testing is also available at our Durango office.
Schedule an Appointment
To inquire about an appointment for testing, please call our office at (720) 387-8458 or request an appointment online.